Business Reviews is a very interesting module that allows displaying specific stars based reviews of your Businesses using the Beaver Builder. You can list the most famous Google Places and Yelp or both at once. This enables you to display your brand value’s across respective platforms on your site.
We have also taken into account Schema Markup based on your Business Type so that they will help the various search engines return more informative results for users in Google Search results.
Key Features –
- Supports Google & Yelp Reviews
- Inbuild Schema Type – Place / Organization / Service
- Prebuilt Skins – Box (default) / Card / Bubble
- Grid & Carousel Layout for review boxes
- Option to Show/Hide Reviewer Info like Reviewer Name, Date reviewed on, etc.
- Filter reviews by – Rating/ Review Date
- Star rating style – Default / Custom
- Review box style and spacing controls
Render reviews based on your business to the Module
Displaying Google and/or Yelp reviews require you to render the ID for your business. This helps the module to connect to your business and fetch the respective reviews. Under General > Review from, choose if you wish to display Google and/or Yelp reviews.
For Google reviews –
- Search your business on Google Map and get the Google Place ID. Here is step by step guide to get Google Place ID.
- After entering the ID, if you face issues in fetching the reviews make sure you have entered the correct Google Map API key. See how to get the API key.
- Note: Maximum 5 Google reviews can be displayed (Content > Layout > Reviews to Show). Read why?
For Yelp reviews –
- Get the Yelp Business ID. Here is step by step guide.
- After entering the ID, if you face issues in fetching the reviews make sure you have entered the correct Yelp API key. See how to get the API key.
- Note: Maximum 3 Yelp reviews can be displayed (Content > Layout > Reviews to Show). Read why?
Choose Layout Style
You can display a Grid or Carousel style among the various layout options
The module offers ready-made clean layouts and styles for all the reviews.
- Skin ( General > Skin > Select Style ): This arranges review meta information like date, ratings, reviewer image, name, etc. in different positions. So that you can display review as card, bubble or default box.
- Grid & Carousel Layout ( General > Layout > Select Layout ): This will set all reviews in the grid or carousel (slider) layout. Layout tab also offers a setting for a number of Reviews to Show. Select the number of Google (maximum 5) and Yelp (maximum 3) reviews to display.
Style the reviews
Under General tab you get settings to manage reviews as follows –
- Filter reviews by – Date or Rating
- Minimum Rating – Choose to display reviews above particular Star Ratings
- Rating – Choose to display star ratings
- Star Icon Style – Choose to display a default star style or customize it.
- Review Text – This gives control over the text of the review
After displaying the reviews you can filter them based on the Date, Review, or display them as it is. You can also select if you want to display only 5 Stars or only 4 Stars review based or as per your preference of Minimum Rating.
You can hide/display information of the people who wrote a review for your business. Under General > Reviewer Info, select to hide/display name and image (profile picture) of the reviewer.
You can manage the space of every element of the Business Reviews, like the space between the Rows and Columns, between Reviewer Name, Date, Rating, etc…
Inbuild Schema Type
Note: After the recent Google Review schema changes ( applicable from 16th September 2019 ), we are deprecating the Schema Support from UABB’s version 1.22.0.
Previously, we used to support Place, Organization and Service Schema. But after this update Places and Service are not valid items under the AggregateRating as per the new rules of the Google Review snippet.
While Organization is the valid Item under the AggregateRating but in this case, the name field is required to be added under the Organization schema type.
As per the new rule in Google schema, all the self-serving reviews embedded by the 3rd party widget are not going to display review rich results anymore for the organization schema.
Related Articles –
- How to get Yelp API key?
- How to find Yelp Business ID?
- How to find Google Place ID?
- How to get Google Places API key?
- How to use Business Reviews Filters to better display Reviews?
- How does the Refresh Reviews option function in the Business Reviews module?
- How many numbers of reviews can be shown for Google and Yelp?