Sometimes it happens that due to some issue you can not update the plugin from WordPress directly. So for this you need to follow the Geeky Method i.e update from FTP.
Follow the simple steps below to update plugin manually
- Download and Extract the plugin that you want to be installed in your WordPress
- Log into FTP Account using FileZilla or similar program.
- Go to wp-content/plugins directory
- Upload the plugin in the directory
- Once the file is uploaded, then go to WordPress and just activate the newly updated plugin.
Note: Please make sure that the folder you upload contains all sub-files and not a folder
You can watch the below video for better understanding