Social Login is a very widely used feature, and with many users having an account on Google and making a Google Login will only make the process of user onboarding and logging in easier than ever.
To add the Login Form module of Beaver Builder with an option of Google Login, you need to get the Google Client ID –
Firstly, you will need to drag and drop the Login Form module on the page and enable the Social Login for Google from the Social Login tab of the module.
Now you will need to follow these steps to create an app on the Google Console to use the Social Login –
Step 1: Setup the Project
- Visit and register your website on Google at https://console.developers.google.com/
- You will need to be logged in with your Google Credentials.
- If you already have a project, click on the name of your project in the dashboard. While, If you don’t have a project yet, you will need to create one. Beside Google API’s logo, click the dropdown and click New Project button.
- Name your Project, and click on Create button.
- Once you have a Project you will end up in the Dashboard.
Step 2: Setup the Credentials
- Select the OAuth consent screen from the left sidebar!
- Let the User Type be External. Enter a suitable name for your Application under the “App Information”.
- Add relevant information in the below fields.
- Under “Authorized domains”, click ‘+Add Domain” and domain name probably: your-site-url.com without any subdomains.
- Press Save and you will be redirected to the Credentials screen. Make sure all fields are filled out otherwise the Save button won’t work.
Step 3: Setup the OAuth credentials
- Redirected to the Consent screen click on the Create credentials button in the center of the page.
- It will open up a dropdown, select the OAuth Client ID.
- In the next screen, you will have multiple Application Type for the applications which use OAuth ID. You must select the Application Type as Web Application.
- You will see new options below, start with the Name of your Application.
- Add the relevant Authorized redirect URIs this must be the same which will be added to the backend of the Social Login settings under the Dashboard > Settings > UABB > Social Login.
- Now, click on the Create Button.
- A modal should pop up with your credentials. If it doesn’t open, go to the Credentials tab in the left-side bar and select your app by clicking on the name you entered. You will be able to copy the Client ID from here.
Paste the Client ID in the Social Login settings in the backend under WordPress Dashboard > Settings > UABB > Social Login > Google Client ID section. And you’ve set up the client ID for Social Login successfully.
If you want to add the Facebook Social Login, visit the following link on How to Create a Facebook App ID for Login Form Module?