Creating a site right from scratch can be a pain. You need to come up with an idea, a design, content, images and a lot more. This takes a long long time. However, with Astra, you can save a lot of time by importing readymade sites we’ve created that can be tweaked a little and made into your own.
You can have a look at the beautiful library Astra has for Ready to Import Websites. Websites without any tag are FREE while websites tagged as “Agency” are premium.
When you choose Growth Bundle or Essential Bundle, you get access to websites tagged as “Agency” on Ready to Import Websites page. If you are using the Beaver Builder specific Essential Bundle, you will see only those created using Beaver Builder.
How Does that work?
Step 1: For accessing free websites, download the “Starter Templates” plugin from the WordPress repository. If you need access to websites tagged as “Agency”, you will need to install the “Astra Premium Sites” plugin which comes with Growth Bundle or the Essential Bundle.
Step 2: Install the plugin as any normal WordPress plugin. Activate it.
Step 3: Once activated, you’ll find a new menu under appearance menu: Appearance -> Astra Sites
Step 4: Under this tab, you will find all the ready sites as shown below. The Essential Bundle users will see page builder specific website templates. ( i.e. Beaver Builder )
Note: The below screenshot is taken with the Growth Bundle key activated. In case of the Essential Bundle (with UABB), you’ll only see the Beaver Builder tab with sites built using Beaver Builder.
Step 5: Click on a site you wish to use. You will see a preview of the site with some additional details. You will also be prompted to install the plugins that are used in a site. Simply click on install and these plugins will get automatically installed on your website.
Step 6: Once you install & activate these, you can see the “Import site” button, by clicking on which you can import the site into your website.
Step 7: Click on “Import this site” button which will make your website, just like ours in a few seconds by importing some of the things as below from our server to your website –
- All Pages
- All Posts
- WordPress Menus
- Customizer Settings
- Settings of Required Plugins for the particular site.
- Media files like images, etc.
Some Notes –
- Though not required, it is a good idea to import a site on a fresh WordPress installation. If you would like to reset your current WordPress installation to make it like a fresh, brand new website, you may use a plugin like this.
- Need to import Astra Site on an existing website? Read this article.
- Though we try to use free and non-copyrighted images in all of the ready Astra Sites, we cannot take the legal responsibility. We recommend you to replace the images after importing.
- Some of the images would be commercial and if you like to use them, you may purchase them independently. We include a “Credits” page with links to all sources in all Astra Sites.
- Astra Sites Plugin has two variations. The first version is free and hosted on WordPress.org repository, and you can use that to import all free sites. Whereas, our customers who have bought the Growth Bundle or Essential Bundle, have an access to the premium sites after activating the license.
Search Keywords: Demos, Premium Sites, Starter Templates.